CanAutM3
General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2021 911 turbo

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jphughan View Post
Thanks Sapper_M3! In that case I doubt I'll use the 08s on the road. I think the noise alone would probably be enough to conquer any laziness. I do 6-8 track days per year but all of my events are 2-day events, so that plus the fact that I'll only be running the 08s on the front on the track (keeping the StopTech Street Performance pads in the rear) and the fact that the StopTech BBK makes it pretty easy to swap pads back and forth should motivate it. Appreciate the detailed response though!!
Performance Friction have modified their PF08 pads this year. Previously, they did not have the anti-rattle clips on the back plates. When I purchased a new set this spring, I was happily surprised that the clips were present. I am also wondering if the changed the compound somehow.

Last year, I could not bear the sound of the PF08 on the street. They rattled and squealed like hell. This year, because of the clips, no more rattle. Further, they barely squeal at all. I don't know if the clips reduced the squeal of if PF modified the compound. They are very liveable on the street and I don't bother swapping them anymore. The dust is not so bad and street rotor wear is perfectly acceptable. Cold grip is also perfectly fine for DD use.

You should try them out on the street before you start swapping.
Appreciate 0