View Single Post
      07-01-2013, 06:13 PM   #13
s65e90
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2009 e90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z K View Post
I don't doubt they will run that far, but what you pay for maintenance is very expensive.

How much are shocks on an M3? Last I checked it was $600+ for each shock for an EDC equipped car. For a 10 year old Camry? $300 for all 4 including upper mounts, the entire strut assembly. The time to install? I did all 4 in 1 hour with a lift. Oil change? $15 for the oil and filter every 5k miles. On a BMW using synthetic oil...? Replacement tires? $250 for 4 tires on a Camry .. an M3? $1000.

The operating costs are not comparable at all! Plus more things break on the BMW vs a Japanese car. I've never had any electrical problem on a Japanese car. Sensors and random weird stuff break on BMW that are sometimes hard to explain.

Overall if you are looking for a reliable, low maintenance car to put a ton of miles on, I would not get a BMW or any German car.

My e46 gave me no problems; both of my e90 have been great as well.

Later in life yes some eletrical gremlins may occur; hence why I have a non-nav no idrive car. No options= less to go wrong, and yes expensive maintenance is a given but as long as its performed these cars are no different than any other, just built better and should last just as long if not longer. I have seen several 300k e36 m3 and 200k e46 m3. The e9x chassis will get there it's just not that old yet.
Appreciate 0