View Single Post
      06-01-2007, 09:07 AM   #76
herbz
hi
United_States
Rep
Drives: '86 325e

i'm buying it.

all you people that are pissed off BMW is making it are just angry that your 335i is a 3600 lb pig and the 135i will offer better all around performance for less money.....

probably the same reason some of you bought your 335i over the m3, right?

and i'll tell you right now that in no way will the 1 series steal sales from the 3 series. they are in completely different segments. the 3 series is a midsized coupe/sedan at present, due to the demands of fat ass americans and the constant pressure of companies like Lexus and Infiniti, who force BMW to require all the bullshit electronics to be able to compete with the Japs.

besides, most people who buy the 335i are old, well off, and are not really performance enthusiasts like we are. people who will buy the 135i are more of the type of people that you would see on performance car websites, because that car will rip ass.

BMW needs to get back to their roots and build a light ass, tiny sports car that rivals the feel of the e30, and i'm glad they're finally doing it, because BMW has been heading the wrong way in recent years.

i'm still not to keen on the styling of that 135 photo, but i doubt that's what the production version will look exactly like.
Appreciate 0