View Single Post
      08-19-2013, 07:05 PM   #20
Denk
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z K View Post
I had the KW Sleeve kit and then went with the V3. The V3 is a lot better. The sleeve kit is a band-aid just providing a lower ride height. The stock shocks are terrible in terms of rebound no matter what setting you put it on. You end up with a underdamped and bouncy ride. And as you mentioned, it accelerates shock wear. Any lowering on stock shocks will.

If you get the KW sleeve, you can put it on the highest setting which is what I used. It'll lower the car about 1 inch in front and 0.5 inch in back. But if that's the case, you may as well get the Swift springs which cost less and give you the same lowering. Swift was not available when I got the KW Sleeve kit.

If you can spend the money get the KW V3. You can tune the suspension to ride comfortably if you want and you get quality shocks and matched springs with it. Any kind of lowering springs on stock shocks is not a balanced setup.
After years of playing with aftermarket springs, I feel that stock is best. If you're gap obsessed, I'd go the coilover route...especially for serious tracking.
Appreciate 0