09-24-2013, 02:56 PM   #131
admranger
Retired Curmudgeon
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘19 X3M40i, ‘18 m550i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66BM View Post
Never had any issues with the GC plates resulting in anything other than adjustability. If you are worried about Noise or anything else, you might not want to modify the stock suspension at all. You truly will not feel anything different than the handling when adjusting camber. Don't forget however, when adjusting camber, you are increasing toe, which will tear up tires on the street if the car is not aligned properly.
Thanks for the info.

I'm aware that putting more negative camber into the car will result in increased toe-out (but not everyone is, so your reply is excellent). Right now I'm running near zero toe up front -- on purpose!

My interest is in preserving the outside edge of my street tires when I do the odd track day now and again. I've run a couple of track days with the E90M3, but at the time I didn't care about the tires as I hated the PS2s and wanted to get my favorite street tire, the RE-11 on to the car. Now that I have the RE-11s on the car, I'd like to treat them better than the PS2s, hence the desire for a bit more negative camber up front.

I just don't do enough track anymore days to justify significant mods. Retired from club racing and the driving school instructing has been limited too. I have been through enough of the mod-cycles madness since I started autocrossing in 1991. The E90M3 is a heck of a commuter/daily driver out of the box so I'm happy with how it is now except for the need for slightly more camber for the track.

Looks like the Dinan plates are the ticket for me, unless I determine that the strut bolt circle and location are the same on the E90M3 (non-edc) as it is on the E36. I have a set of fixed camber plates for the E36 sitting in one of the drawers in my garage. Nothing better than resuse of a performance part vs. having to buy a new one!

Thanks again.

For those setting up their car with different tires, parts, whatever; let tire temps (take w/a probe pyrometer on a skidpad, if at all possible) guide your camber adjustments (for max performance).

'19 X3 M40 Carbon Black/Oyster, '23 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Summit, Past BMWs: '18 M550i, '18 330 GT, '16 X5 40e, '11 E90M3, '06 X5 4.4, '03 330i ZHP, '02 M3, '97 Z3 2.8, '95 M3 (2x), '94 530i (manual), '92 525i (manual), '88 M3, '87 325iS
Appreciate 0