Rep
Drives: e92 M3

Garage List
08 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpinecoupe View Post
Hey,

I see your post.
Where I'm going: I do not want to spend the money to buy spacers, nice ones, and then decide they don't work. I have no intention of doing any suspension work e.g. springs.

I simply want to know if the car will need an alignment after the spacer installation and why people are running larger spacers in front.

Based on your response it sounds like it is for purely cosmetic reasons.
I however do not wish to upset the factory front / rear track ratio.
If I install 10 mm spacers all around, I will get a little more aggressive look while keeping the same balance.

Another question: Is there any reason that running mild spacers would accelerate tire wear?

Bottom line:

If adding spacers to get a little more edge is going to cost me an alignment and wear out very expensive tires then I'll stick with what I've got and let it be.

I am enjoying doing some relative simple cosmetic modifications to this car but have opted to refrain from going down the path of never ending upgrades. No issue at all with those that chose to do so, have fun and enjoy, life is short.
I've been down that path in the past and have seen where it can lead.
I'm not going to dump wheel barrow loads of cash into an already awesome car so that I end up with a $100K M3 that is essentially a quasi race car / track toy.
I've seen it happen many times.
End of rant.

AC
I hear you.
I am now considering changing to 10mm spacers for the front. I think with the larger spacers in the front I feel I have upset the balance/handling of the car. So I'll have to chuck the 15mm's (even though they look awesome) but I cannot give up the performance just for making the car cosmetically attractive.
Appreciate 0