08-08-2008, 10:37 AM   #21
jeremyc74
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 135i Montego/Terra

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1er junkie View Post
But, I heard of many prius owners upset because they are not getting anywhere near the mpg advertised My mom has a customer who reports only getting around 34~37 mpg highway, but, Im wondering what she is doing wrong :iono:
lol

I've taken ours and absolutely ragged on it, and couldn't get much less than 37MPG. The kind of person getting 34MPG in a Prius is the kind of person that would get 14MPG in a 135i, because their foot stays on the floor.

Also, the mileage that is stated in car ads is regulated by the EPA tests. The manufacturers can't say anything else by law, only the EPA numbers. The EPA's tests didn't work well for hybrids until they were revised for last year. The current EPA rating on the Prius is 48/45.

My GF kept track of the mileage on hers at every fill-up for the first year. Excluding the first 5k miles (break in period) the car averged just under 46MPG, and that's with a considerable amount of highway driving. There's nothing else sold in the US with that much room that's even close in mileage.
Appreciate 0