E46 + E90 + F80
Rep
Drives: E46 + E90 + F80

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [0.00]
2002 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMRLVR View Post
It is just a matter of time for me, once the new house and garage are complete that is..... I am going with a 4.6 Dinan stroker, upgraded valve springs, gonna skip the throttle bodies since PG showed they did nothing for him even on the stroker, and, I don't think I wanna rev 9000 RPM, 8600 will probably be enough for me.

With the added stroke and the additional mass of the larger pistons, the forces involved in revving 9000 would be more than I want to put on my engine.
Hehe, yeah, I definitely know what you mean. I was kind of being a bit humorous more so than realistic

Interesting, I must have missed PG's testing on the TBs. I wonder if that was a byproduct of the mechanical aspect of the TB or a tune not being able to take advantage of the bigger flow coming in....

I agree with you 100% though. The last thing any of us needs is a blown S65B40....or S65B46

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1SICKM View Post
Let me understand the logic here. Your spending $2500 for cams and at least $1500-2000 in labor, tuning and dyno time to get everything dialed in for 20-25whp at best. You can find a used ESS 535 kit for 5-6k and install yourself in less than 8 hours and gain 100whp. I might add ESS has had zero failures on all their kits! Need we discuss this any further....
Yeah, I know what you mean! I happen to be a huge NA nut...I just have fun extracting power in the most financially inefficient ways LOL. There is a small niche of us who like the purity and philosophy of pulling out power without boost and nitrous.

With my E46 M3, I spent enough in NA mods to easily buy a solid intercooled supercharger kit but really, thats just not something I was looking for. The thrill I get from hearing my high strung S54B32 is pure driving bliss. I guess once again, different strokes for different folks with different goals.

With that said, I want another E46 M3 so I can boost it for BIG power...
Appreciate 0