View Single Post
      01-21-2013, 05:46 PM   #63
Munit
Banned
Rep
Drives: m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Benvo View Post
The +300 RPM bump is really insignificant in lower gears where you have the multiplication advantage. You're missing the biggest element in this which is TIME. In first and second (and to some degree third), not only will you have the DME intervening sooner because of the steeper gradient of RPM rise, you'll only be there for a seconds or a fraction thereof.

Same idea with impulse in physics (I=FdeltaT)

Where it makes a difference, is when you're there for a prolonged period of time. The biggest difference would probably be on the 5th to 6th shift when the car with the stock redline shifts at 8,400.

Saying "raising RPMS will ALWAYS be better for power to the ground and acceleration as long as power continues at peak..." is a pointless statement. Obviously if the power is better or the same it will be beneficial - many engines will have a significant drop in HP at higher RPM's.
Mike you are so antagonistic-obviously you are more knowledgable and do this for a living than I, but when I post accurate information to posts that are just plain wrong, you than try to pick apart my posts.

Point I made was obviously in more "slow motion/theoretica" mindset and yes its tough to tell a difference in 1st and 2nd but not at 3rd and beyond and the fact is someone posted a dyno recently after a tune that showed the ongoing linear increase of power after 8400 to 8600 so point was given the m3 can maintain its peak torque or atleast near peak torque until 8600 rpms (I know it is going down at this point)-it still has power to be made, probably if you dynoed to 8800 would be my prediction before it would start to decline.
Appreciate 0