danimal
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 228i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by phazedkid View Post
That roundel isn't gonna start losing its value just b/c there are some serious competition now. In fact, the competition will only force BMW to offer better cars, and as long as their cars are "better" that premiun isn't going anywhere.
Of course the competition will force BMW to keep getting better, which is a good thing. But, BMW won't be able to keep jacking up the price every time they make an improvement. We're already starting to see BMW offer better value. Didn't the moonroof used to be an option?

Quote:
Originally Posted by phazedkid View Post
Especially when people who already think it's overpriced still buy it anyways. (btw, if you REALLY thought it was overpriced, you wouldn't buy it. the fact that you bought it says that whatever amount you paid for, you think it's worth the car or whatever else pleasure/experience you get out of it. if you think it's not worth 50k and yet still paid 50k for it... well i rest my case. )
People buy things they feel are overpriced all the time. Ever bought a bottled water at movie theater or in a stadium? It's like twice as much as you'd pay at the supermarket, but if you're thirsty, you're going to buy it anyway. Well, I was thirsty for a 3 Series, so I bought one. But I know BMW could have sold it for less and still made money off it. As the competition continues to zero-in the BMW formula, that's exactly what's going to happen.

-Dan

Appreciate 0