12-20-2008, 01:58 PM   #3
enfield
Civilian
Canada
Rep
Drives: Jaguar F-Type V8 S

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC5ITR88 View Post
Did you have like 6 tabs open and you clicked on the wrong forum to post this? This question has been beaten to death here http://photography-on-the.net/forum/

This is a car forum...

In my opinion the 5d Mark II or any 5d is a toy compared to the 1d. Given my statement I have a 1ds-mark III. Full frames are great for taking landscape pictures. If you want to make huge prints I would go with a full frame but a crop camera would be sufficient IF YOU WERE TAKING PICTURES OF JUST CARS.

EDIT: Saw this in the picture sharing section and posted b4 it was moved.
Sorry - my bad about posting in the wrong forum. I did not have multiple tabs on. I was making the post and then had a phone call. Computer went into screensaver and then screen off. Came back and completed the post - can't explain why it went into the picture forum..... Once again - my apologies.

I did a google search and did not find many comparisons. I know that a couple of guys know a lot more than I in the photography section. I also did a search here before posting. I will check out the link. I will check out the link you kindly posted.

I photograph cars, landscapes, women, wildlife (just ordered the 100-400mm L series lens), flowers, as well as family get-togethers. I will keep the D30 as a backup. I do not make billboards and thus I feel that 21.9 megapixels may be overkill.
Appreciate 0