View Single Post
      03-22-2017, 02:04 PM   #474
New2Roundel
Captain
Rep
Drives: Some fun stuff

Garage List
I just did this over the weekend and want to thank everyone who contributed to this thread. I spent a good amount of time reading all of the posts and seeing how everyone approached the task of changing the plugs.

I didn't need to do anything that wasn't explained in this thread. I tried the screwdriver method, but heard cracking from the head of several coils. It wasn't worth the time to try and perfect the method, so I just moved to the coat hanger method, since I had a perfect one in waiting down in the garage. Worked flawlessly. I was able to get all 8 coils out using this method. As far as the plugs themselves, I also didn't use any fancy tools. I used a 5/8th spark plug socket to get the plugs out and a extended regular 5/8 socket to install the new ones. I used different lengths (sometime just a single extension would work and other times, I stacked two together) of straight socket extensions to remove/install all of the plugs.

As far as what I ended up removing from the engine bay, I took out the entire air filter box and removed the bolts holding down the coolant reservoir. Everything else remained intact. This was a much easier job than I expected.
Appreciate 1