View Single Post
      05-02-2013, 02:05 PM   #38
Tim B.
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2010 Jet Black E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex07M3 View Post
In fact you should just buy the car you want(if you can afford it), not the most expensive car you can afford!

You don't even know if he has some kind of investment someplace else, I don't think you can judge what his life will look like just by looking at his car payments! I have car payments not because I have to , because I prefer, that does'nt mean I will need to work for the rest of my life!

Maybe you just wanted to plug that you paid your M3 cash!!

This. I think buying a $80-90K car in cash is foolish....unless ofcourse you have 2 million in the bank for just such purposes. Wouldn't you rather have that money earning 5-10% interest? Especially when loan interest rates are so low(mine is about 2.6%). This is one of those threads where you'll get totally differing opinions anyway......conservative/have NO debt or live a little & do what makes you happy NOW. Ultimately, it's up to you and what you can "afford" and what makes you "comfortable". I've known people that saved every penny, had no debt, retired at 55, and a week later dropped dead. No thanks, not for me. I say live a little......ofcourse, i'd never put my family in "jeopardy" over a car. This doesn't apply to all of you, 1 %ers on here ofcourse
PS: I just SC'd my car last week and I still owe on my car.......and I don't regret it a single bit!

Last edited by Tim B.; 05-02-2013 at 02:08 PM.. Reason: adding
Appreciate 0