United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4M/. Z3M, E36/46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by warzilla View Post
In direct response to your post:

pros of the 1M:
- will be cheaper then the M3
- lighter (by 200lbs. I know, not so big but still its 200lbs)
- will be as quick as the M3, but not as fast on higher speeds
- will have ability to be tuned (basically its a BMW tuned 135i with parts/pieces and a computer engine upgrade)
- good for peeps who don't want to buy the M3, which technically is the lowest hanging M car sold by BMW

cons of the 1M:
- gonna be expensive for what it is (if the 335is fully loaded is 59k, what will this thing cost?)
- Its basically using the N54 engine, which is going to come with the same problems all N54 cars have - ie HPFP
- You can buy a used 135i, mod it, spend less money [Edit/Addition: or used Z4M or Cayman S] and get the same amount of performance (minus the cool suspension stuff and quad exhaust the 1M will have)
- FI < NA

As a current M3 owner, I wouldn't buy the 1M. If I still didn't have the M3, I probably still wouldn't still buy the 1M. For what I think they will sell it for, it makes not sense to me. Too many other great cars (ie M3, Cayman S) that can be hand at that price. Again, I am interested to see what its performance levels are and what people will say about it once it comes to the market. But I'm sort of feeling its like the 335is but in the 1-series footprint....good car, but if its close to price of the M3, why not just get the M3?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ersin View Post
Not I. But, I can't wait to see it when they start selling. If they can get the weight down it might just be a big win for BMW. If not, then no amount of turbocharging will help it. Too bad it won't get a normally aspirated engine. For a car that small (have you been in the rear seats of a 1-series? worse than the 3 coupe and that's not good) I'd rather have no back seat. Can you say Z4M coupe? Hello.

Cheers.
Appreciate 0