View Single Post
      09-21-2016, 08:29 AM   #20
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: F82GTS, E36/E92M3, Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrimp_chips View Post
My other project: Not that much left to do on this one, just need to replace some trim and return it to the OEM amber light setup. Former owner, no joke, used gorilla glue to mount the spoiler on to the trunk lid lol, so I need to tackle that soon. I took a gamble buying this one, luckily it ended up being a diamond in the rough. Sorry for the lack of pics, all I could find on my computer.

A few mods but relatively OEM++, I’ll keep it simple:
1995 Cosmos black S50 M3 46,xxx miles (fourth owner)

-Overhauled cooling system (most E36-guys can relate)
-Active Autowerke stage-2 supercharger with methanol injection.
-Brembo 355GT BBK
-OS Giken TR1-CD single-plate clutch & lightened flywheel
-Bilstein Clubsport coilovers (the best street coilover that no one talks about or uses IMO.)
-If it was rubber, and under the car; it was replaced. (the bane of low-mileage older-vehicles.)
-Front and rear subframe reinforcement

The car was built and setup by RRT Racing in VA by the first owner. The suspension is setup perfect for the street, I’ve never rubbed, and the suspension feels so compliant it’s amazing. The extra-light flywheel can cause stalls if I get lazy with the clutch coming to a stop. It has a semi-brutal OS Giken clutch which took a little getting used to, it was so stiff I thought I was going to lose a toenail while driving it for the first time. Eventually, I realized that I was ‘breaking it in.’ It just seems like the owner had the car built, and never drove it. The Brembo brakes look brand new too.

I have a feeling this E90 project is going to slow down the progress on the E36. But I hope to have it ready by next Spring.

What a cool combo of cars you have, very similar to mine! Got a Sparkling Graphite E92 M3 and Techno Violet E36 M3 coupe.

There have been many times I thought about adding a JCW, those cars are a freaken blast. Had a Cooper S convertible while I worked in England for a couple of months and had a blast in that car. So why'd you sell the GP?
07 E85 Z4M Roadster, Alpine White/Red, 6MT
99 E36 M3, Techno Violet/Dove Grey, 6MT
Appreciate 0