///M3THOD
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 991.2 GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM3 View Post
Woooo USM3 and ///M3THOD

I ran through a contracts analysis on this one fully on a previous page. At law and at equity there are some legitimate issues. Especially when you have a seller that gives the following "Here's pics of everything i have to go with the wheel. Im not aware of anything else necessary for install." Which is a complete opinion.

This all comes down to communication and not making it a witch hunt but rather re-establishing a line of communication.

Do I think starting a threat like this or the title of it helps, no. Both parties in this transaction have been mistaken in their assumptions of what they were getting and one might have actually assumed the risk and basically nullifying any contract or proving that there is one they had between them. There is no implied right to a working product unless there is a contract or better yet there is a contract and a merchant with an implied warranty of merchanibility.

This is beyond the point though and I agree with you. A community of members are not supposed to eat each other. Maybe the guy is a scared kid from this thread, or a scammer, I don't know yet.

All we can hope for is a re-establishment of communication between them which I have serious doubts due to the attitude of the opening thread.
I'm inclined to agree with your logic on all points.. but lets cut the crap and lay this out as it went down.

- Seller posts pictures of item saying you get what's pictured.

- The majority of people who purchase from the marketplace don't pull the parts breakdown diagram of what's included in the OEM piece as new.

- Seller says he's not aware of anything else needed for install.

- Seller tells buyer everything needed for install is included.

- Buyer makes purchase and comes to realize since components cannot be purchased independently, whole purchase is worthless since its missing major components.

- Buyer tries to recover refund to have all communication cut off.

I see this as a gross misrepresentation of an item, but the one lifeline the seller has is that he posted an image and left it up to the buyer to do his due diligence.

This is either the work of a moron, or someone crafty, who realizes that when the buyer inevitably comes back unable to run the steering wheel, now has a way to refuse the refund.. "Hey I posted pictures of what you were getting, sorry if I was wrong in advertising it as ready to install, you should have looked it up bro"...

I believe the above to be true in this case, especially considering you CANNOT run the wheel without every single component and you CANNOT buy the components individually.

This guy ripped him off, done deal. All other suggested scenarios just give credence to his innocence.

Oh.. and also.. now all communication is just abruptly cut off when a problem arises. Sounds like the work of a philanthropic soul.

Last edited by ///M3THOD; 07-25-2013 at 01:17 PM..
Appreciate 0