View Single Post
      02-14-2012, 07:03 PM   #16
Gearhead999s
Major General
Rep
Drives: RR Velar R=Dynamic M2C R1200GS

[QUOTE=R A W L S;11346035]True, there are heat issues on the boss, but they are easily fixed with a new more open front grill, cost: $161. I know this because I've visited the Boss Track Attack garage - this is where Ford services and preps 10 dedicated bosses for daily track work for track days they provide to new owners of the boss.

Quote:
The Ford engineers whom were telling us the mods needed told us that the Rad like in the R's was needed to extract the full track capabilities of the car.

Quote:
To the warranty, I asked every dealer in the area a bunch of "what if's." They just said they didn't care where it happened, on or off the track, as long as it wasn't an accident, they were going to honor the warranty.
It is not the dealers that have the say on major repairs as that is usually done at the regional service office or higher.I am not saying the Boss 302 is a bad car but there is not a magic carpet ride in dealing with Ford service & warranty.In all the years that I have tracked BMW's I have never had issues with servicing or warranty repairs including some major components.I have had much greater problems in dealing with GM & Ford over the years on my non tracked everyday vehicles.I hope your experiances are much better than mine with North American vehicles.
Appreciate 0