View Single Post
      03-28-2008, 10:41 AM   #14
nissan
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 M6 GC CP

Law is BS nowadays IMO. Unless you goto a T14, you'll be seriously struggling to find a job (unless you're top 10% in class...extremely difficult to achieve). I know some ppl that graduated w/me in May that had decent grades but still can't find a job. Most of the time, they have to settle for contract/temp. positions clicking the box all day w/no potential for growth. All the isht you see on TV and hear about re: lawyers isn't achievable by most. Even if you do make it in biglaw and bust your ass for 7-8 yrs, there's still no guarantee of making partner. The market is extremely saturated right now and will continue to be considering the ABA doesn't do a damn thing to limit supply.

For ugrad, I think you should get a finance and accounting double degree/major. A lot of the accounting credits will apply to your finance deg., so it's not hard to get both on the standard 4 yr plan (assuming you do 1 summer session). I actually got both degrees in 3 years (yes, I was in a rush to get outta uni.). It will open up a ton of options and most firms love it. Ntm. it will help immensely in running your own business. It's great to not have to rely on an accountant or fin. planner. MBA later on will also be easy as hell.
Appreciate 0