aussiem3
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: Goggomobil

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dparm View Post
If you look at the spec sheets, you will see that Castrol Edge Sport 10w60 and Edge Professional TWS 10w60 are not the same oil. And in grand Castrol tradition, they selectively omit certain important data from the technical sheets. TWS is API SN whereas Sport is only SM, and TWS carries some manufacturer approvals whereas Sport carries none. Edge Sport has been discontinued though I suspect there's still inventory floating around.

Edge Sport 10w60 was replaced with Castrol Edge FST 10w60....and it matches Edge Professional TWS spec-for-spec, so clearly it's relabeled. It isn't available in the United States, however. Pricing for the jug is pretty cheap.

I guess Castrol decided there wasn't much point in selling two nearly-identical products.

Just be careful which Castrol 10w60 product you buy if you are not in North America.
I think the manufacturer approval is intentionally left out so that people are forced to buy their oil from the dealer. It would be pointless because everyone will go to the corner auto shop for their oil.

I have given up on buying the retail 10w-60 due to the bearing issue.