View Single Post
      06-18-2011, 02:24 AM   #44
TX
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2009 ///M3 E92 APW 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seattle S65B40 View Post
OK. Just went out and drove the car again, and tried to assess my MT in the most objective way possible. I definitely feel significant resistance and notchiness when trying to downshift from 3 to 2 at virtually any speed. I'm not double clutching btw, i don't think i should have to... 1 to 2 is not too bad. What do others feel when trying to get into 2nd from 3rd? Is that normal?

My SA is looking into SIBs and TSBs to see what she can do. It sounds like I will be taking it in for this issue at some point and I will not raise grinding, as I think that would happen from time to time, even if they replaced the tranny, and I don't want to go through having that verified. The tech should easily be able to verify my complaint of difficulty getting into second without having to drive the car very far or hard at all.

i have 21,000 miles btw...

Edit: even with double-clutching, it's doing it. Under harder driving, it's not bad and I will really have to sleep on it if my SA eventually tells me it needs to be replaced.

Just a tip, once you are entering the 2nd gear slot, try going down and to the right a little as you go down, not just directly down. That helps with my 2nd gear grind a lot, but I'm going to still ask my dealer about it for the 10th time.