View Single Post
      01-29-2010, 11:36 AM   #117
IND-Distribution
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: G82 M4 / G87 M2

Scott, you're actually absolutely right! If you are very careful about your placement of the wheel weights, and use low profile weights, you can use the OEM 18s with no spacers. Using a small spacer with the OEM 18s will reduce the risk of a wheel weight coming in contact with the Brembo calipers, and as we do not know who may be reading our advice online, we always have to write the safest possible route- this way we don't get any scary phone calls later!

The HREs of course have huge clearance for the Brembo brake caliper.

BTW Scott, I still think about how beautiful the scenery was out there in Oregon. We just don't have anything that compares out in Chicago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by window2time View Post
Thanks everyone for the positive comments, I really love the car. The guys at IND were amazing to work with and helped me to design something that has become very special to me.

I know Nate is an expert on wheel fitment, but I am actually running the OEM 18s front and rear on the car at this very moment without spacers. I run my Winter tires on the stock rims. I had the wheels balanced with small, low-profile wheel weights and I believe that the stock wheel weights would have been just enough bigger that they would have hit the Brembos on the front. With my current setup I have only a couple millimeters clearance at the front. With the 18 HRE race wheels as shown in the pics, I have a lot of clearance.
Scott