View Single Post
      11-22-2012, 06:36 PM   #11
is300wrx
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2014 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezio
Hello all, like the title says i am looking into a M3. But i feel i am buying at the worse time possible. right when BMW is at the peak of its e9x line up and moving into different engines, different styling to the cars.

I am the kind of person who like the newest, and updated styling and engine in a car. but this time around its kind of different, i am not to happy with the new 6 cylinder engine that will come in it. i mean i am sure it will be more power, and overall faster with better MPG. but i e9x v8 is more for me. the sound, the fast and high revving. etc

Looking at the render of the new F m3 model. It does look pretty good, i might even like it better. time will tell. But again i simply do not like 6 cylinders for performance engines.

So let me summarize, i like to have the NEW, but want the current/ soon to be older model. very frustrated on what i should do. what are your guys thoughts on my predicament.
I had the same dilemma back in July before I ended up pulling the trigger on the 2013 M3 coupe. I leased it for 3 years knowing that in the second year of the lease, the 4 door M3 will be release and the 2 door coupe M4 won't be released well into my third year into the lease. Figured by then, the coupe will only be outdated by a few months and I will already have ordered the new M4 by then.

Do yourself a favor and go test drive the e9x M3. As many have stated, the sound and the feel of the engine is unreal. The sound of the stock exhaust note purely intoxicating! Good luck.
Appreciate 0