View Single Post
      07-03-2013, 11:13 PM   #2029
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: RS3 Sedan / Macan S

Pumped for this fight! Just watched Countdown which was great.

I found this article very interesting

http://www.sherdog.com/news/articles...-Weidman-53607

Basically if it stays on the feet it will be a quick night but if it goes to the ground CW has the edge.

CW will also have to overcome his lack of experience and the huge layoff. He seem to be in the right mind frame but when he goes out there headlining an event for the first time after 1 year it's going to have an effect on him, maybe he could use it to his advantage.

AS is too good but my main concern is his age. In MMA he should be well past his prime but he still looks unstoppable at 185 and 205. He's no slouch on the ground either. Even if he does get taken down every round starts on the feet and all he needs is a few seconds to finish the fight.

I also think there is too much hype for CW coming from people that are close to him, or people that want to see AS fail. If CW had faced and beaten other middleweight fighters such as Belfort, Hendo, Sonnen, Moussasi, or Bisping it would be easier to believe the hype. I think he would have a tough fight against all of those fighters but he hasn't faced any of them. His 2 best names so far are Munoz and Maia, both of which are not on AS's level.

I'm not saying CW can't win, it's just extremely unlikely when he is facing the greatest pound for pound mma fighter of all time. Definitely not a CW hater, if anything he has a very likeable person but I can't envision him putting the beat down on AS.

AS by KO in 1st or 2nd.
Appreciate 0