05-16-2010, 07:39 PM   #50
opie
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 Audi R8 4.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichB View Post
Congrats on the new ride. Gorgeous car. One of my last track days I met a guy who drove his R8 as a daily driver. He loved his car.

If I did not need room for 4 people in my car, I would seriously consider getting a 2-seater. IMO, it is hard to beat the feel of a light weight sports car. I owned a Boxster S a few years back and it had a great feel. I do miss it.

The M3 is an absolutely fabulous daily driver.....excellent driving feel, well integrated communications system (ipod, Sirrius, HD Radio, Nav, etc), addicting sound, linear power delivery, in a good looking design. Oh yeah...and it holds 4-5 people. Probably the best car I could ever car I could want at this point in my life.....But it is not a 3K lb 2-seater that is more designed to be a track rat. I have a strong desire to get another 2-seater. I will own another one in my life. Remember to drive it like Audi expects it to be driven....hard and fast.
Thanks Rich.
I agree with you on the integrated communications systems.
Stepping into the R8 was like going back in time 10 years in terms of telephone and music connectivity and general software design. The E9x cars have such a well designed tele-info-matics system (iDrive FTW!!! never thought I'd ever say that in a million years) in the MY2009 and on.

Anyway, I can't wait to hit the track soon with the R8
Appreciate 0