03-28-2008, 03:30 PM   #203
rai
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3 coupe with DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ersin View Post
SMG is slightly different in it's operation from what you have described for the DSG.
thanks, I got a chance to drive both the F430 (with F1 tranny) and Lambo Gallardo (with e-gear tranny).

This was a paid driving event just on public roads. But I only got like 15 minutes each and just left in Manual mode. I did not get enough time to absorb what was happening. I mean I pulled the paddles and up or down-shift. Of course I had a blast, I do not know if or if not the 6MT would have been any more fun. It's hard for me to decide.

I hope to make my decision. I know some people are in one camp or the other. But I am just in the middle and I need to make my decision soon before my order gets to the point I can't change it.

Thanks if anyone else cal help me make a good decision.

I will say, I have a S2000 and will be keeping it and if any have driven that has perhapse the best 6MT in production. I would say if the S2000 is a 10 (of 10) on my test drive of the M3 the was a 7 or 8. I didn't hate it but it was not up to the best I've ever driven. I could really live with the 6MT but with all this talk about how good the DCT is and having liked other cars with DSG or SMGs I am maybe leaning to that. My problem is all my DSG/SMG driving put together is less than an hour so I really don't know the warts just that I liked it for the short time I had.
Appreciate 0