View Single Post
      12-20-2011, 12:58 AM   #1
rodi
. . .
Rep
Drives: your FACE!

***Le Official Bimmerpost Photo Contest #47: "Reflective Transparent Translucent"

Official BimmerPost Photo Contest #47: "Reflective, Transparent, Translucent"

transflectent? reflucent? reflectarucent? refluscaparent?

BACKGROUND:
Reflections: the property of a propagated wave being thrown back from a surface (such as a mirror).
Transparencies: light passes through almost undisturbed, such that one can see through clearly.
Translucencies: allowing light to pass through but diffusing it so much to cause a degree of opaqueness.

THEME:
For this contest, submit your photos that contain Reflections, Transparencies, and/or Translucencies. MUST contain at least two of these, or all three. Any photo that doesn't meet that requirement will not be included in the poll. No Multiple Exposures! No post-trickery! You may want to utilize a Circular Polarizer, but it is not required to achieve these properties.
Transparencies must be able to be seen through to some imaginatively-identifiable content.
Translucencies require light passing through a plane that is at least somewhat opaque (subjects on the other side may need to be very close to the plane or a reflection on this plane that also allows some transparency still qualifies.
Reflections are pretty easy to achieve.

Reflected or pass-through content/subject matter is NOT REGULATED.

If you can get all three, you are awesome. and you are entitled to vote on your own image. but we'll still throw internet tomatoes at you. in the face.

***EDIT***
alright, i think i need to clarify. i'm expecting to see images that are focused on these properties - not images that happen to include them. i want you to use these properties in an abusive and manipulative way - just like my ex-wife. no, i've never been married, i'm just kidding.
***EDIT***

Examples:
The first three images contain all three properties.

not the best photograph, but an example of 2 out of 3:

IMPORTANT DATES:

Entries must be submitted to this thread no later than Thursday, December 29th @ 11:59 PST. Voting begins the following day.

Voting will be as it always has been. Screw it.

RULES:

1. Any interpretation of the theme that falls within Bimmerpost.com rules is welcome.
2. You must be the person that took the photo. Previous photos are acceptable as long as you are the one that captured the image.
3. One submission per contest, and you cannot resubmit a photo that you've submitted before in a previous contest.
4. Images must be no larger than 800 px in any direction. Links to larger images are allowed but you must have one that is under 800 px for the poll.
5. All contestants must host their own pictures (which includes hosting them on Bimmerpost).
6. All images must have a title.
7. While post processing in Photoshop is allowed, adding or removing parts of the picture is not. In the event a photo is suspected to be "photo-chopped," the contestant will be asked to provide the original picture.

Last edited by rodi; 12-22-2011 at 02:24 AM..
Appreciate 0