Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3 ZCP, LMB, DCT

Garage List
2008 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by nullrouted View Post
I have not had any problems with the Bluetooth re-establishing connection upon entering the car with my iPhone5, is your phone running 6.1.3/4? However I do agree that the charging=no audio is dumb as hell. Made me switch from Spotify via BT to MOG via USB to compensate. I do not use the Y cable, just the standard iPhone cable to the USB port in the console.
I've got iPhone 4, maybe that's why? I noticed my phone acts a little screwy with other blue tooth too...but it's outta 3 mo warranty before I could figure out something seems wrong fer's.

Anyway, I hope that a BMW software update can fix the bluetooth streaming audio as it is dumb a f*!

So you've had better experience with MOG over Spotify? I just use Pandora for now and that seems to be OK with BMW, even though I find it easier to open Pandora and select my iPhone instead of trying to go to the Apps as it won't come up easily.

But ya, I guess I'll have to buy another iPhone cable to put in the car, hopefully they make short ones so I don't have to coil it up. I don't know why the Y cable won't let it work...seems ridiculous. Should be upgrading to iPhone 5 or Android soon anyway...
Appreciate 0