02-03-2014, 09:15 AM   #478
mkPOTO
Mr. Nice Says Hello
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 | X5 xdrive 35i MSport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobS View Post
I drove LM's car when he had his ESS kit and Evolve... although the ess kit was a lesser power kit so the power isn't apples to apples. The tq he talks about is there and the smoothness of the tune/kit was what sold me. I am coming from a FBO cobb Stg 2 335 so I wanted to have that punch while driving around town but also have the high RPM power the m3 gives us from 6.5 k and beyond. I'm excited to get the Evolve kit on my own car and log some miles to really get a feel for it. For the short time i drove LM's car, it was absolutely perfect, exactly how I want my M3 to perform.

I also witnessed his car run at the DOR 1 & 2 events (plenty of vids on youtube). The car absolutely rips and the tq is obvious during roll racing at higher speeds vs other SC'd m3's with comparable kits/power. He was having traction problems at DOR 2 but was still right there with a ESS 650 car on multiple runs.

The way the rotrex blower matches up to the OEM power band / gearing is perfect IMO. The car has plenty of power down low as well as up in the higher rpm band (like stock). It should be interesting to hear more opinions as some more Evolve kits get installed and start running this spring/summer.
I am excited to see who the Evolve kit does with my 6MT. The majority of the Evolve SC owners are DCT, so will be nice to see how the car handles the new found power.. ROTREX PLEASE HURRY UP!!
Appreciate 0