View Single Post
      07-12-2011, 10:24 PM   #1
Augenbrauezug
Captain
Rep
Drives: mk6 GTI

Has anyone here made a hackintosh?

I'm in the process of trying to install OS X Snow Leopard with iBoot and I am getting EXTREMELY frustrated. Having a few issues, would anyone be able to help?

First downloaded and burned iBoot 3.1.1, went and bought snow leopard 10.6.3, downloaded multi-beast too. First installation attempt was giving me 'waiting for root device error'. I installed gnome partition editor and split my HDD into 2 partitions, 1 ntfs and the other HFS+, both 500gb.

Then tried install again, tried code '-v rd=disk0s2', it made it past the root device error and then got held up saying 'system uptime in nanoseconds'.

I couldn't find much about that error, one person said to try a USB DVD drive, and to disable IDE controller. I do not have access to a USB drive tonight [Ill go buy one tomorrow though] and I don't know how to disable IDE controller in BIOS. I do have BIOS configured according to the directions for Gigabyte p55a mobo, per tonymac's directions.

I went ahead and deleted all partitions with gnome, and then configured the entire drive to HFS+, now when I run iBoot, I run '-v rd=disk0' and I'm back to the "Still waiting for root device error."

I keep reading but I am not understanding kext, multi-beast, or kernels at all. I don't really have much computer skill, I've built a few PCs and can code HTML css and some java, but that's it so all this kernel stuff is boggling my mind.

I have no idea [despite searching] how to edit kernels, or kexts or whatever, or how to run multi-beast. I think multi-beast is a OS x program, but I don't understand why people are referring to it to help the install process.

Anyway, now I've deleted all data and re-partitioned my HD as HFS+, so I'd like to figure this out soon. Any help is very much appreciated.

Specs are as follow;

i3
Gigabyte p55a
4gig ram
geforce 8400gs
WD 1tb HDD
HP DVD740
Straight PIITB. Then eat dumplings.

Last edited by Augenbrauezug; 07-12-2011 at 10:29 PM..
Appreciate 0