Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Odysse

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbryce View Post
i got a letter about this... thinking about buying a few tickets

maybe I'll finally be able to join the club and stop lurking
Looking at your list of cars, you've saved $2,000 already from the CCA. Just get one before it's gone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majin Buu View Post
But what exactly makes them limited edition? Because they have a sticker on them that says so?

The E46 M3 CSL was a true limited edition. It had unique and bespoke performance enhancing parts that were unavailable otherwise, and it was produced in limited numbers.

The E9x generation doesn't have any real limited editions other than the GTS/CRT. If VW was to produce a million Beetles, and then pull 10 cars out of that million and put a sticker on them that says "Number x out of 10". Would that make those 10 cars a limited edition?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperjack View Post
.....or not fitting the definition of what the term "limited edition" means.

Majin Buu is new here. He doesn't realize EVERYTHING he's said has been rehashed for the past 3-4 years about all the other "Special Edition" M3's BMW has put out. Yes, we know they're not THAT SPECIAL other than the GTS and CRT models. At least this one is VERY limited, can't be bought and to some extent, spec'ed by BMW enthusiast. And most importantly, you can't buy it, but you may get the ONE if you're lucky for a few bucks in lottery tix.

Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."
Appreciate 0