View Single Post
      05-12-2013, 10:54 PM   #16
Hyperjack
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3 E92/ 2012 Chevy Volt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majin Buu View Post
......But what exactly is so "ultimate" about this car? After reading the title, I thought it was gonna be some stroked out, or supercharged, stripped out, heavily modified, lightweight track monster. But it seems like just a regular off the shelf M3, with some different paint and a few stickers, just like all the other "limited editions" that came before it.
just what gave you that idea?

BMW has never put out a limited edition E92 in "some stroked out, or supercharged, stripped out, heavily modified, lightweight track monster"....at least not in the states. what made you think they would've just started to now?

it's a little tiring to hear these constant criticisms of BMW's limited editions. people seem to be confused with having a limited edition specked out to what they want to that item not worthy of being a limited edition.

all it takes for something to be a "limited edition" is for that manufacture to to set a limit of the items production and authenticate that in some way. that's it.

you may not like special stickers, added equipment and/or fancy paint. fine....just don't complain that isn't really a limited edition or it's some sort of rip off for being called so.

now, if BMW charged some exorbitant premium for these....that's worthy of some hate. to my knowledge, the frozens or the LRPs have all been MSRP'd accordingly.dealers may want to add mark up.....but none of us have to pay that.

granted this rant is not aimed directly at you...just people who seem to bitch about these limited editions as if they are not worthy of the title.....BUT, your surprise that this wasn't specked to what you thought.....well, i find that amazement to be a little disingenuous.

Last edited by Hyperjack; 05-12-2013 at 11:10 PM..
Appreciate 0