View Single Post
      07-31-2011, 09:59 PM   #22
McCartney
Private
Rep
Drives: undisclosed

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ421 View Post
I agree it's a timeless design ... look at the ones from 10-20 years ago and they are not much different. I dig the look and think it's totally badass. Definitely not the most refined vehicle you can get (only so much you can do to a 1970's military vehicle).

I guess you have considered the BMW X5M/X6M? Or the ML63 AMG?
I'm not after a performance SUV, per se. I think the Cayenne Turbo, X*M and ML63 AMG SUVs are nice for people who want a "luxury performance SUV". I don't care that the G loses in slaloms to those SUVS. Those SUVs are too chachi for me, sorry. h

The G caught my eye for the very reason people mention: It looks great, it is decently FAST (fast != performs great), good interior, 4x4, and it really holds its value.

Regarding the long distance driving, I don't do much long distance driving. If I bought this bad boy I definitely wouldn't be afraid to drive long distance. What is deemed uncomfortable for long rides? I'm not super fussy when it comes to comfort in a vehicle because I sit in a ghetto chair of some form for some hours of my day.

Regarding built with emotion: Exactly. It's built by a man who is hoping it ends up in the hands of another man. I want a vehicle that was built with "man love"; a passion for our gender that most men in today's world fail to understand.

To me, the G class doesn't need an exterior overhaul because it's built for the man who understand what it is like to be a man. If a man understands how to be one (that's not true at all in today's world), then he can appreciate what this vehicle symbolizes. It's about how even the best of men can still be rough around the edges, but have the ability to handle a lot of what comes their way. Sometimes it may not be the smoothest ride, but he'll get it done. Just like the G will.

To me, it's rare to evoke such an emotional reaction about a vehicle. But when I look at it, I simply ask myself one question: If you are a proud male who hopes to one day provide for his family the best way he knows how, and you want people to know that you're confident that "your way" can succeed, how does this vehicle not embody that?

That's why I love the G class. It's for a certain kind of guy: Proud, persistent, confident, intelligent, refined. Kind of like a male lion.
Appreciate 0