03-19-2013, 11:35 AM   #11
tmntmn
///M
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 M3/M-DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMRLVR View Post
The systems will interchange but the tailpipes are about 2 inches shorter on the E90........ With an E92/3 system installed on an E90 the tips will stick out further and vise versa with an E90 system installed on the E92/3. Since the tips on the Akra are indeed clamped on, there may be enough adjustment so that it would look OK. If you have the opportunity to get a really good deal on a used system take the chance, otherwise buy the proper system for your car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superfly_M3 View Post
A E90 system will work on the E92 but the tips will be very deep into the rear bumper. Perhaps someone with a blue/black E92 can chime in and post a pic
Quote:
Originally Posted by j2m View Post
You don't want to put an E90 exhaust on an E92, the tips will be tucked too far underneath the bumper, it will look shitty.
I'm pretty sure the pipes coming out of the Akro muffler are shorter for the E90, so it's not a longer tip that can be changed.
I looked into this quite a while ago when I was considering the Akro.
I will try to find the pics that show the difference but the 2" is significant.
Quote:
Originally Posted by j2m View Post
Here's the pic
Thanks guys!

I wanted my tips to stick out a bit pass my Mode Carbon Diffuser, i hate the tucked exhaust tip look. Guess i have to find a e92 one.
MODS: MODECARBON V2 GTS FRONT LIP & REAR DIFFUSER, AA GREEN FILTER, RPI SCOOPS, PSW, Verstraβe Extended DCT Shifter, ZCP WHEELS (SEMI-GLOSS), OHLINS R&T, Megan Exhaust, AKRA XPIPE, BMW LED INTERIOR, BLACKOUT W/ORION V4 LED AE, OSRAM CBI
Appreciate 0