Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '12 Nardo E92 '15 Fashion F80

Garage List
2015 BMW F80 M3  [0.00]
2012 BMW M3  [0.00]
OEM Exhaust Mod - So Cal

I had been thinking about doing the exhaust mod for a while now. Purchased an extra stock axle back from another member and after sitting on it for a few months finally pulled the trigger.

I know a lot of people/vendors are doing this now (including EAS, who's work looks great and they are absolutely known for top notch stuff) but I'm one of those guys who likes to hang onto all of my stock parts.

So my solution was to buy an OEM axle back and have a shop do the mod and keep my core. A few other members have recommended Best Muffler in La Crescenta so thats where I went. I must say that Eli at Best Muffler was great. He was capable of doing it in one day (5 hours tops) but I didn't need it that fast. So I let him keep it for the week and had it installed this morning. The welds looked OEM and I could barely even tell the difference between the stock and modified cans side by side when they were off the car. Top notch work at a very reasonable price.

The sound is perfect in my opinion. I am a professional and have an issue with pulling up to a clients house or place of work with a loud obnoxious exhaust and this one was just right. Perfect deep growl with no drone. Downshifts are awesome. And being of the browner persuasion , I like the OEM mod so I don't give cops an extra reason to pull me over.

If anyone is looking to have this done I would highly recommend pulling the trigger. And if you don't end up using EAS or another vendor definitely do a google search for Eli and Best. You won't be disappointed with any of them I'm sure...

I have a sound clip that I will try to upload later...
Appreciate 0