View Single Post
      02-03-2012, 04:18 PM   #18
Mr.Bimmer
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2010 E90 M3 (sold)

Hi, Edjay. This is Mr.Bimmer's sister.

When I say I had trouble starting the car, I mean that I would put my foot on the brake, push the ignition and it would make a "chn" sound and not start. I would try again, and the brake would be very stiff. After a few attempts (sometimes several attempts), it would start up and run fine...and then I would have the problem two weeks later.

This probably happened a total of 10-15 occasions. It didn't seem healthy, but when I consulted the dealer they said I just didn't have the key close enough to the driver's seat, then the excuse was I wasn't pushing the brake hard enough or not pushing the ignition hard enough...I keep my key in the consule near the cigarette lighter, and after the first few times it happened I was diligent about holding the brake down hard and carefully but firmly pressing the ignition.

Until October of 2011 I intermittently had trouble starting, but it always eventually started. Then in October 2011 I went to start it and it was just dead--no noise, no rumblings of the engine turning, nothing. In Oct. they replaced the battery and I had NO trouble until last Tuesday. Monday I had driven about 50+ miles. Tuesday morning I went to start it, I heard the radio for half a second, and then it was just dead. Pushing the ignition literally did nothing, the doors wouldn't lock, the trunk wouldn't pop, just no life whatsover.
Appreciate 0