3XTR3M3
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 AW M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
Well, to this, this vert owner says:

I don't really care about all the stuff you mention in the first paragraph because I test drove the car before I bought it and it provided the performance I wanted despite all the compromises that you mention in your second paragraph.

You bring up an E93 3 series. So are you saying that if someone stole this 328i or 335i that you theoretically bought and then returned it the next day with an M3 engine, transmission, suspension, brakes, etc, you'd be pissed off? Not a chance.

The only question then, is value. For us E93 M3 owners, we are willing to pay the premium just to get the M treatment, despite the hit the convertible takes in performance vs. the M3 coupe. And as compard to a E93 335i or 335is, that of course has all the negatives of an E93 M3, with none of the positives of an M car. The simple fact is that you buy an E93 M3 instead of an E93 3 series because its a much more fun to car to drive.
Thanks for the response. So all in all its for fun and a lifestyle type of decision.

So it comes down to someone finding more fun with the top down than the performance advantage of not having the top down. I get it. Thanks again.