View Single Post
      03-16-2013, 08:57 PM   #5
Veritable
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '13 Cadillac CTS-V Sedan 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skullbussa View Post
Have you researched what prices people are paying for these CTS-Vs? Have you researched the trade-in value for your car? Finding the asking price of a similar BMW is not going to get you **anywhere** close to what a dealer is going to offer you for your car.
Well, there's no local or even regional "Cadillac" enthusiast forums that I know of, so I wouldn't know where to find average purchase prices like I can so easily here. Based on availability it looks like each dealer only goes through 2-3 CTS-Vs per year. As for ones with the manual gearbox, there hasn't been one ordered in and available for sale locally ever since the one I looked at almost 2 years ago.

As for researching the trade-in value of my car, sure.... Canadian Black Book says $56k - $59k, while VMR Canada has a wholesale price of $52k and expected retail price of $56k.

The selling dealer's trade-in offer was palatable, but only offering $1k off the car was not. As for the local dealer's trade-in offer of $43k... what a joke.
Appreciate 0