08-28-2009, 07:21 PM   #5
Meanie
Lieutenant
South Africa
Rep
Drives: BMW G82 M4C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemans_Blue_M View Post
Sorry, I wasn't being 'anal' as you put it. I couldn't tell where you live since the location under your username doesn't list it.

The reason I was so keen on finding out where you live...is that the M3 uses two different air filters.

One for US-spec cars.

One for Euro-spec cars.

The two different air filters are not directly interchangeable AFAIK.

If you received a US-spec AFE filter for your Euro-spec M3, then this would explain why it doesn't fit correctly.

Where did you buy your AFE air filter? Local shop or online store?
No worries, my bad, I guess I am a little eager to get an answer as I don't want to halm my car. So I guess it is my fault that I could not construct a proper sentence. Apologise!

Anyways, I did purchase the product from an online vendor on the forum, however will not mention their name out of respect from getting FANTASTIC service and pricing from them.

Does the "whistling" sound I hear come from the result of the intake taking in unfiltered air(leaking?) from not having the tension ball pushing against it or is this just the standard performance of the upgraded filter?

Kind Regards
- 2008 E92 ///M3 - AW, CF Leather Trim, 6MT - Mods: Black Grills, Black Gills, CF mirrors - SOLD
Appreciate 0