05-07-2013, 01:47 PM   #65
Longboarder
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW i8

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILSMKU View Post
From what I understand the DCT kickdown in manual mode is: (Im not talking about auto mode kickdown where you blip the throttle and it drops a gear guys)

1.) throttle WOT, pass the indentation click spot.
2.) pull back on paddle.
3.) car will downshift to the lowest possible gear that isn't smacking redline.

If that still works, I would be happy. I dont use it much, but I really think its lame you can downshift two gears at once using the DCT feature it comes with. If a 6 speed manual can go from 6th to 4th, then we should be able to as well using the feature DCT comes with in manual mode. Being forced to downshift 2 gears back to back seems lame to me not being in a blown M3 yet.

So if at what point in HP does this become a problem on the DCT motors? Anyone know?
Don, I don't think people are saying these features no longer work. They are saying that certain things (like WOT using auto mode) are so much harder on the DCT when you are supercharged running much higher torque values. The DCT is amazing, but much more fragile and needs to be treated this way or you are going to induce wear and perhaps blow clutches, etc.

If you don't want to change your mindset (i.e. keeping the DCT in manual mode), not using the "floorboard" method when launching from a stop, etc....then don't get a supercharger. It's that simple.
a couple others
IG: longboarder949; YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT1...eoFBszPIK0gf9w
Appreciate 0