View Single Post
      01-26-2011, 10:13 PM   #15
U235
23 BMW X7 M60i, 22 Volvo V60 Polestar Engineered
Rep
Drives: 23 X7 M60i, 22 Volvo V60 Pole*

Quote:
Originally Posted by elp_jc View Post
Same here. I'm sure I'll never have to deal with new brake pads .

Perfectly normal man. Pads are always in slight contact with the rotor, and not having perfect contact all around is normal too, as no brake rotor is perfectly true. To be honest, I expected more resistance from your wheels; there's absolutely nothing binding on your brakes. Clean bill of health man. It could be cat piss, or some other weird thing in there. Wash the car thoroughly, and inspect the pads. You can see the outer pads thru the wheels, but need to remove the wheels to inspect the inner ones. I'd do that, and you can torque the lug nuts properly after that, as sometimes they're overly tight. I put 85 ft/lb on mine. Good luck, and don't worry; everything seems to be fine with your car.
Thanks, I thought that too since there was no resistance I could feel, and since both wheels did it. I think I'm over-reacting and hyper-sensitive. I've also read that the PS2s give off a burning rubber like smell when warm (even from just regular driving), it's possible it's just that (http://www.renntech.org/forums/index...r-tires-smell/). The smell isn't strong so I'm just going to ignore it until an obvious symptom develops (or doesn't).

Thanks again!!
Appreciate 0