View Single Post
      01-19-2014, 08:22 PM   #12
///Mcrazy
Rep
Drives: e93 m3 6mt

Quote:
Originally Posted by jphughan View Post
If you bought the car new and don't recall any major incident that might mess up your suspension, definitely get a second opinion. If you bought the car used, well, maybe it was like that before? Did you do a pre-purchase inspection?

I've only gotten one alignment (at the dealer due to a time constraint issue), and it cost me $189. I of course got another alignment when the camber plates went in, but I can't remember whether the alignment was billed separately or considered part of the install. There's some regional variation in service prices of course, and NYC would be on the higher end, so $200 sounds reasonable.

Michelin PSS tires are perfect for the type of usage you're describing. If you'll need some snow performance, though, you might consider the new Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3, which I've been reading is an all-season tire that somehow performs like good summer tires even on the track. I haven't looked into those carefully, but if that's something you might need, that's where I'd be looking. You can start here: http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tests/...y.jsp?ttid=177.
bought it certified pre-owned from the same dealer. They said it was inspected, and that was about 2 years ago. Would we need an alignment after a tire change?

Thanks for the tire advice again.
Appreciate 0