View Single Post
      01-19-2014, 07:28 PM   #1
///Mcrazy
Rep
Drives: e93 m3 6mt

Unhappy Just got a crazy repair estimate from my dealer, what to do!?!?

So my 2008 e93 m3 was making some bad noises under throttle and the car reported a dsc malfunction for about a week. When my appointment day came, I took the car in and a day later recieved an estimate for repair. Keep in mind that I never crashed this car, but it is possible that it did hit a pothole like the SA suggested although I never noticed one. Seems like a lot of damage for a pothole...

Anyway, the email is below, and I am wondering if there are better ways to go about this repair. If I go through insurance, will my car have an accident on the title? Are there any bodyshops that can repair this at the same level of quality for significantly less? Also, what tires would you guys reccomend for the m3 (mainly a summer car) because I don't feel like spending $1850 on tires that aren't the best ones I could have on it. I don't care about the $850 idrive charge because the only part of it that is broken is the knob, so I won't be getting that fixed. My main issues are what to do about the suspension, and what tires you guys would reccomend instead of the ones the dealership will end up putting on. Any reputable or quality bodyshops in the NY/long island area would also be useful information.
Email below

$ 83 standard scope inspection (already approved & done)
83 vehicle service check (done)
250 brake fluid flush (done)
280 microfilter (done)

3300 rear suspension--impact damage & several components are damaged/bent ^^
including both upper & lower control arms, spindle, wheel bearing, flange for bearing, axle nut, guide rod, wishbone, etc…
3800 front suspension--same as above--impact damage & several components damaged/bent ^^
including L/F strut (leaking)-but need to replace both L/F & R/F as a pair, guide support, etc…
> NOTE -- will need to fix both front & rear suspension components above, perform alignment, and then recheck for possible further problem(s) *****
165 inspection/diagnosis for traction control light on -- will still need to double check this after all suspension components above are replaced
(might be related)
1850 4 tires (both rear tires are bald, below minimum safety tread depth/specs, L/F tire has bubble in sidewall, R/F worn on inner edge)
200 4-wheel alignment
850 iDrive controller (broken)
300 clean fuel injectors (helps remove carbon build up) **

$ 11,161 total (+ tax + recheck -- see NOTE above)

^^ NOTE -- for bent/damaged front & rear suspension -- I would recommend that you contact your insurance company (pothole impact damage) -- they should cover these items. **********
Appreciate 0