Thread: PS2 Traction
View Single Post
      03-01-2009, 09:51 PM   #100
urbo73
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M340i xDrive

Perhaps my response to GregW above was a bit "passionate" - no "harm" intended. It was meant more as a warning to many I've seen that have been bitten by the PS2s. I've had many posts on this topic, no need to rehash it too much. The thing is that it IS a gamble driving with them. And it's very difficult getting heat in them in daily winter driving. As such, they are a bad choice - wet OR dry - when the temp is cold. The fact that some have gotten away with them is not indicative of much. It's odds. You can drive slow and have them shudder, etc. It depends on the air pressure, etc. Many things. I for one do not trust them, and I know I'm more than a decent driver. Why take a chance? A good example is braking distance. You could be driving more carefully, etc., but what if you have to brake all of the sudden because some idiot in front of you did something? Not uncommon at all. Well, the PS2's braking distance is a LOT longer when the temps are cold. So? It's many different scenarios like this. It's not just about the car getting sideways, oversteer, etc. It's more complicated, some are lucky, and then say the tire is OK in the cold. It's not.
Appreciate 0