View Single Post
      08-26-2013, 04:57 PM   #12
slicer
Major General
Rep
Drives: 'E46 M3 Race Car, '23 X7

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsmkr01 View Post
If they filled the holes and resprayed it perfectly why did you even buy a new bumper? At that point its the same as a euro version. If I found a legit body shop local to me that could do it I would go that route.
Because it was less expensive and more convenient to have IND use one of their in-stock used bumpers. I did not technically buy a true euro bumper. IND does a lot of custom work and seems to have an inventory of stock bumpers (probably from customers who did aftermarket bumper upgrades). I explored all of my options, including having a local body shop fill my bumper. IND seems to have the M3 market cornered and their prices are very fair. Shipping a bumper is $200+/-. It was best to buy a used US bumper from IND, have them do the work (filling and painting), ship it to CA, install it locally (MRF Engineering), sell my OEM bumper, and ship it out in the packaging from my new bumper. My OEM bumper only had 900 miles on it and was relatively easy to sell. I was very pleased with the finished product and service that IND provided. Like I said, the net cost after everything was around $600. Having my bumper done locally would have cost me around $1200 and I wouldn't have had a used bumper to sell. Does that make sense?
'04 M3 - Fall Line Motorsports Built Race Car - S65 swap, Dry Sump, Bosch Stand-Alone ECU, Drenth Sequential Trans, MCS 3-Way, Flossmann Wide Body, Brembo Motorsports Brakes, Drexler LSD, BBS E88 Etc.
INSTAGRAM - @Slicer_M

Last edited by slicer; 08-26-2013 at 05:03 PM..
Appreciate 0