OIF Veteran
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M

Garage List
2008 BMW M5  [6.88]
Quote:
Originally Posted by VVG View Post
Is it a new car? If so, just make sure that what happened to me didn't happen to you. The dealer forgot to take out the front shipping blocks from inside the rubber shroud of the front shocks. The front end sat a little high by about an inch, and the ride was BRUTAL. I just knew it couldn't be right and with the help of this forum, I was able to diagnose the problem within a couple of days.

The M3 has a firm ride, but not compared to cars like a Porsche 911 or Nissan GTR. With the shipping blocks in, there didn't appear to be a huge change in ride comfort between the different EDC modes. Once they were out, changing the modes definitely changed the ride softness. Overall, I am very happy with the ride/handling balance of the M3 and don't find it harsh at all.

Interestingly enough, I actually find the sport setting more "comfortable" than the comfort setting. While the comfort setting is certainly softer, it also tends to produce a "clunkier ride" over uneven pavement. The sport setting provides a more supple ride and I like that better.

In any case, check out the shipping block issue if it is a new car.

+1

that is a good point about removal of the shipping blocks. OP, check your car out.
Intakes, 13% Underdrive pulley, 3.91 Differential, RPI Scoops.
Appreciate 0