View Single Post
      11-23-2009, 03:57 PM   #1
mrtrackday
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 E93

Talking How I converted my 2008 M3 to a weekend track car

Hi everyone,

I'm new to the forum and while I suppose I could copy and paste the entire blog article here, I prefer to give a link. Since I don't sell advertising on my personal blog or promote anything in particular that will hopefully not be adverse to the forum policies here. In short this is an in depth article about the process (and money I spent) dialing in my 2008 M3 for track days. I'm in the yellow run group so I'm a good driver, but not a great driver. Started with just racing pads, SS brake lines and better brake fluid and had nothing but problems. Looks like my problems might be over finally. Last thing on my list is a front brake kit since the M3 stock brakes are just lame for the track (single piston calipers, rubber lines, no vents for airflow, etc..). In all fairness they are great for street use and will put me though the windshield but they simply cannot hold up on the track under any rigorous conditions.

Here is the story of the tires and wheels
BMW M3 (E92 E93) Racing Slicks and Racing Wheels

And here is an older story about the stock brakes
Why the “stock” BWW M3 E92 or E93 are simply not track worthy

I look forward to sharing my experiences and learning here as well. Been reading this forum for a while now and felt it was time to give back.

~ John
Attached Images

Appreciate 0