View Single Post
      03-28-2012, 10:03 AM   #17
M3 Montreal
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2012 M3 SG ,DCT & 2011 S4

Quote:
Originally Posted by armyav8tor View Post
I'm with porschefile as far as the stock brake goes. The stock pads are horrible for the track and melts as soon as you do any kind of aggressive braking. That results in warp rotors and not just deposits on the rotor. This was confirmed two times, one from the dealership who replaced them under warranty and the second time by the shop that I paid out of pocket to replace. The stock brake gets too hot, the rotors can't dissipate the heat fast enough, and the pads are crap. Everything I've said only applies to the fronts though, the rears work fine even on stock pads at the track.
I also agree.

I had my rotors and pads changed twice with the warranty due to them being warped. Stock pads are really bad (i guess depending on driver speeds and track).

I was also told it should be deposits but after 2 weeks of it not going away i brougbt it to the dealer and was confirmed they were warped.

I rememeber Leh Keen having the same problem and people that didnt know at the time that he was a pro racer were saying he didnt know how to drive. Im not saying im anywhere near his level... Lol

2011 B8 S4 S-Tronic , Black on magma red
Appreciate 0