12-02-2007, 11:14 PM   #6
Davo2003
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 Coupe Jerez and loaded

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadgetman View Post
If you order 752 Enhanced Premium Sound, you must order 609 Navigation System or ZTP Technology Package.

Might as well through out the Premium Sound. Plus, didnt you like to hear your V8 roar!
Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...I knew that but when I saw the "O" next to Prem Audio I got all excited, I just looked more closely and saw the NAV ZTP notation. I had seen that on the Euro specs but missed it the other day on the US ordering guide. Dammit. I will probably drop prem audio and HD. Afterall, the base system does still have two subs under the seats ...I'll just boost it up to my desired "thump" level later.
For me it comes down to 8 grand and the ability to resale the vehicle later. In other words, I either want ALL the "stuff" I want on the car, or I want the satisfaction of driving a "stripper" knowing that I saved the 8K and still have a blast driving it. Hope that makes sense.
Another reason I am ordering a stripper is I will more than likely turn the car in 18 months and upgrade. It will be much easier to find a buyer at 55K than 65K I am sure you will agree. The hardest thing for me when I sold my 330i was finding that unique buyer who actually wanted the car equipped the way I ordered it AND was willing to pay for the options because he knew what they were, recognized their value, and knew the original cost. Yes, the M3 is a different machine, and I think resale values will fare better than my 330i , but still...
When I went to try to trade the 330i and upgrade to a 335 (this was a year ago or more) the stealer said it was hard to get back what I put into the car in options. They offered me 32K for it and I sold it to an individual a week later for 37K. But like I said, hard to find buyers sometimes who appreciate how you ordered the car...but you can always find people trying to get behind the wheel "on the cheap". I will leave the car stock, not mess with coil overs etc. So from what I have read, should be easy to find a purist who wants an M3 minus the hump and minus EDC...planning ahead here lol , time will tell if my logic works on this