View Single Post
      03-02-2010, 02:36 AM   #5
1036E90M
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW E90 M3

Akrapovic Evolution Install (Part I)

So after the initial break-in period, it was time to actually mount up the Akrapovic and do a little comparo at the muffler shop. If you're near the OC area and need a reputable install shop, my buddies at OC Muffler are more than well equipped to handle the install, ask for Mike. I also knew that they would be alright with me documenting the process and completely didn't mind taking quick photo breaks. Ask for Mike and as always, they're customer service is top-notch...and an install without any hiccups is easily less than $200.

Pictures:

-Stock, before going under the knife...

-Some serious muffler craftsmanship

-Full Ti Akrapovic system laid out

-Final words, final views...

-The signature Akrapovic tips we're all big fans of

-At some points there were times I knew the weight of the stock exhaust had to suck on the removal part.

-Probably the cleanest I'll ever get to see her undercarriage!

-And all of a sudden that much easier to hold up during installation

-Akra tip placement

-Thanks again to Mike for his patience on the tip placement.

-Full Akra Evolution in its entireity.

-Another final angle at it..

Overall the exhaust install experience went quick and painless. Took about an hour and a half since I went on a weekday (possibly a bit more with my picture-taking interruptions). I've had the system on for a few hundred miles and I'll definitely throw my input and review out there next.

I do want to give special thanks to Pyspeed/Eric for working with me on an an the entire Akra system. I even had it in the bag before I picked up the M and he was helpful every step of the way about providing pics, reviews, etc. I'll throw this in real quick though... the "drone" that people say isn't there, well it's there alright, but manageable compared to some of the vids I've studied. A more detailed review to follow.

And also, thanks Mike at OCMuffler! Sometimes it's worth the drive out for peace of mind during an install especially while I'm documenting...great customer service just can't be beat!

Last edited by 1036E90M; 03-02-2010 at 02:46 AM..
Appreciate 0