View Single Post
      08-17-2011, 11:38 PM   #8
1MORELAP
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '22 911 GTS '19 X3, X5, X7

There is a great article in current Grassroots Motorsports where they test pads. Hawk sent the DTC70/HT10 combo which they felt messed with ABS way too much. Based on my experiences with modern Bosch ABS systems, and their ice mode I would not mix compounds. (Full disclosure, at the moment I am doing just that, but will remedy soon.)

"He noted that the BMW's ABS system "flipped out" ... ; the car felt like it was on ice."

On another had EBD should take care of all bias issues, but maybe that is the problem. Too much bias difference and EBD screws up braking... if you want to read more Bing 'Brake Ice Mode'.

Also, do you trail brake? Bias issue maybe most apparent if you do. If you brake in straight lines, this maybe not an issue for you. When trail braking if the car is front biased, the car will not want to rotate or will understeer. If rear biased, it will oversteer. So its a gamble on the bias difference between the front and rear.

I also need new pads, and if you are done with Carbos, I would buy all for for $150 shipped to 98029. (I figure rears are worth 50% and fronts 25% - 50% pad thickness means 75% wear as at 25% pad thickness they are done.) I now have XP10/XP8 combo on the car.

Last edited by 1MORELAP; 08-17-2011 at 11:56 PM..
Appreciate 0